Saturday, November 24, 2007

D40 first light


Virginia
Originally uploaded by --Mike--
I needed something that would actually focus quickly in indoor environments for a photo shoot tomorrow. My Nikon Coolpix 8800 is a great camera for the outdoors, but the contrast detect focus just doesn't cut the mustard indoors. This necessitated a move to a digital SLR.

I decided to go with the Nikon D40 because it's supposed to be a bit better than the newer D40x in most aspects. I'm very happy with it so far.

This is Virginia, who is now 18 months old. She was about 6 inches from the camera (inside the camera strap with me)... this shot wouldn't have been a possibility with the 8800... still needed a bit of luck, but it came out nice.

I'll practice more tomorrow, and work on getting comfortable with it.

So far, a VERY nice camera.

No comments: