I've been a fan of Doc Searls since I first heard of him via the Cluetrain. He is a marketing person who defected to our side... that of the public, who don't care to be shouted at. You'll find a deep vein of insight and wisdom, some of which is his, and the balance of which is from the conversations he starts. He doesn't post with the regularity we are all told to have, but I don't care... when he does post it's pretty good stuff.
You'll also get a nice dose of slice of life stuff, family history, current events affecting the area he lives in, and other things that are both entertaining and instructive. You can learn a lot about how to tell stories in this new medium from Doc.
Doc's quest is to invert the power relationships that dominated the previous century. He's tired of being a consumer, and wants us to all be free people, in control of our destiny. He sees the internet as a medium for positive social change. His pet project is VRM, which intends to provide the opposite of CRM.
I check Doc's blog every day.
- ► 2011 (35)
- Chicago's gun control, explained
- Why people tweet instead of blogging
- Why Doc Searls is on my Blogroll
- Spring cleaning
- Windows Live Writer – First post
- Flickr App on the iPad - don't bother
- iPad - Connecting to my XP desktop
- IPad post #2, How to use blogger on an iPad
- iPad experience so far... it REALLY sucks
- iPad post #1
- iPad experience so far.... it sucks!
- Hay as a way to capture floating oil.... some quic...
- Idea - trade in program for lead solder
- ▼ June (15)
- ► 2009 (56)
- ► 2008 (122)
- ► 2007 (73)
- ► 2006 (126)
- ► 2005 (50)