Monday, February 20, 2006

Dotster, SSL support needs work

I recently ordered an SSL certificate for the first time ever. I decided to order it through Dotster, because I've had good luck with them in the past.

It seems I picked the wrong type, and now burned through more than any possible savings in terms of time energy trying to get that decision reversed.

The thing is, I'm a newbie to this business, and so is everyone else the first time. Apparently Dotster is a newbie as well, because they don't have any business process in place to support correcting a simple mistake.

It should be trivial for them to revoke the certificate (one of the primary features of Certificates), and issue the new one. It's a shame that I can't just get this done, time constraints have forced other action, so I'm just going to get a refund instead.

I should have known better... after all I had been warned...


Never trust version 1.0, live and learn, I guess.

--Mike--

No comments: