Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Starting new conversations?

I've got a clear goal, and subject to discuss... capabilities as a possible solution to the continuing saga of patchs and new vulnerabilities that plague ALL of the current PC platforms, Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. I want to talk about what it's going to take to get real implementations available, even if they don't meet my arbitrary 5 year deadline of January 1, 2010.

Now, I don't expect Doc to keep giving me linkage for every posting... that's not a sustainable model of conversation. What I am interested in learning is how best to find people who are interested in the same non-keyword friendly subject as myself.

Keyword unfriendly is the understatement of the year... every possible term I can think of has been buzzword whored to death:
  • security
  • capability
  • OS
  • eros - the last serious effort at capabilities
So... google isn't going to help. Technorati doesn't seem to help much either, because of the same problem. The semantic web is years off, so that's no help either.

How do I go about creating this new conversation, and a new tail? How do I reach an audience to get this ball rolling? Is it just a matter of infinite patience?

I don't mind working my way up the technorati tail, but there has to be a better way to do this in the long run for everyone, on non-blogger subjects.

I'm interested in knowing is how John Q Public can best use blogs to get a conversation on any random topic going.

The current strategy seems to be to start a blog, and keep talking until someone happens to notice. Is that the only option? What am I missing?

I know you folks are smarter than me, so I thank you in advance for any advice given.

--Mike--

No comments: