Thursday, January 05, 2006

Analyse this

Dave says:

All you’re witnessing is a great deal of sound and fury signifying nothing. Nothing will change. The authorities and thought leaders will still promote each new disruptive techology as something that “changes everything,” when it changes nothing.

Which is exactly how I felt once my 15 bytes of fame were up, and I realized that nobody was buying my new disruptive technology that could change everything because they're focused on their big idea, which is blogging as social change agent. (Oh, the irony) I tried not to take it personally... and figured I'd have to take a different approach.

I'm trying to figure out just what it takes to get attention for an idea... maybe it's just a matter of searching out all the conversations where it might be an acceptable tangent, and injecting it there... maybe not... (people might think of you as that one idea at that point).

I'm analysing the web... and this is all part of an experiment, as is life itself. Only time and experience will tell what becomes of it.

I woulnd't mind having a bit of attention, my ego really likes it. What I really want, though, is to FIX the security problem, instead of watching the same shit happen again and again for the rest of my life.

--Mike--

No comments: