Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Dog ate my homework?

When a student gets distracted and fails to complete a homework assignment, the excuse given is "My dog ate it"

Well... I feel like that student. I've been distracted and delayed by technical problems for the past week. The gift of an SSD drive for my laptop sent me off into the depths of Windows installation hell, and migration to an effectively new laptop. update - It's fast as hell, thanks Jim!

The choice of Turnkey Drupal to host cabsec.com has further stressed out my week as it seem to like to eat input, without even burping, along with Drupal's annoying lack of smooth upgrade facilities. It needs updates, and the updates break functionality. Currently FCKedit is broken, and I don't know how to fix it. Ugh. update - I've given up, and am building a new site.

The mission remains, and must be given the attention it deserves. I'm going to decide what to do about hosting the blog and stuff in the next day, then it's back to work on my war of the paradigms.

I'm tempted to write it all using Google apps, as an example of how to do security, but that might eat even more homework, and I really don't want that. I just want something that works.

Of course,the need to just make it work is how this whole security mess started.... the irony isn't lost on me.

No comments: