Friday, September 25, 2020

The totally non-partisan reason I hate the Clintons, and always will.

Long, LONG ago... I saw a news story, which I think was 60 minutes, explaining the "Whitewater Scandal".... the politics of which held no interest to me.... it was how normal people got screwed over that pissed me off and made me hate the Clintons forever.

Recently it came up in a thread elsewhere.... I tried to find the story, and some very good scrubbing of the 
net seems to have happened since then. Here's what I wrote in response to that thread

"I don't give a rats ass about the high-level wrangling and fraud that happened... all politicians do that... what got in my craw, and stayed there forever, was how they screwed over ordinary working folks.... a lot of the truth is behind paywalls, but I was angry enough to dig for an hour to find this scrap, to give you a clue as to the evil they pulled...

Basically, they bought land, divided it up into "vacation lots" and sold it to people, and if you were even a tiny bit late with your payment, no matter how good the reason, you lost all of your investment.... I remember an example of a property being resold 5 times.

Yet they still "lost money".... like Trump does all the time. Whatever...

Those ordinary citizens were fucked over in this.... THAT is why I hate the Clintons."

No comments: