Inspired by research at Stanford, I decided to do my own experiments in light-field photograph. This is very quick and dirty, and thus cool that it worked at all... here's the result of my experiment.
First I stood at the curb across the street, and took 3 frames to stitch into a panorama using Hugin. I then moved about 6 foot to the right, and did it again.
I then used Hugin to match up the images and get the sizes close... the final composite is me using layers in Paint Shop Pro and a manual mask to get the results I want.
My goal was to see if I could remove the trees from in front of the building... it works. 8)
Thanks for reading.