Thursday, December 13, 2007

Virtual Tourism with Flickr and Hugin

I'm having fun doing panoramas of places using Hugin. The twist is that I really don't have a lot of free time to roam the world and take photos, so I'm going the internet way, and becoming a Virtual Tourist. I search for interesting photos that are licensed under creative commons, so that I can use them freely, within the limits set by the original photographers.

Here are my first three photos done this way.

Bangkok
Night Skyline - Bangkok, Thailand (based on originals by Marc Aurel)

Aachen - Virtual Tourism
Church - Aachen, Germany - (based on originals by Orange Kangaroo)

Eiffel Tower - Virtual Tourism
Eiffel Tower - Paris, France (based on originals by FranzPics)

I don't know quite how this will be received, but it's been fun so far. I hope the real tourists get some value out of the panoramas they didn't know they had.

No comments: