Friday, December 09, 2005

Wingnuts

Over at Bedazzled, the author states he's not going to filter his opinion out of his blog.... and I say AMEN!

He does indicate that he's on the left end of the scale... which is fine for him. I'm not on the scale myself. The linear scale of "Liberal" to "Conservative" doesn't work for me. I've got a vast range of opinions about things, that are always shifting as I learn and grow, and certainly can't be confined to measurement in any given dimension, let alone a single dimension.

I'm a believer in individual rights, for the most part, but not always.
I believe in limiting goverment, but not always.
I believe in separation of Church and State, but still think a prayer is a good thing.

It's not a black and white world, nor are the mere shades of grey between sides anywhere near enough room to even begin to talk about all these issues.

Cut all of the crap about Conservative/Liberal... it's an artificial dimension, with no depth. Consensus is what really matters, when many become one...

E Plurbus Unum

We're all many dimensional, and always growing. Let's cut the divisive red/blue crap and get back to doing what we really need to do to get this country going in a positive direction. Let's all talk, and converse, and learn to understand and share our many dimensions.

--Mike--

No comments: