Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Welcome back, Doc!

Doc Searls has resolved to start blogging daily again, and I say welcome back. I think he's on to something, so I'll join in the fray as well. It's time to get away from the walled garden that is Facebook, and to re-invest time and energy in a more open and free way.

It's a new year, and a time for looking back, taking stock, and setting a new course. I've spent time reading a lot of things, some of which I file here with the tag Wisdom, on delicious, a social bookmarking service. The most recent entry is to a post by Paul Kingsnorth about finding a way out of the technological progress trap we're all embedded inside of. It's thought provoking, and reminds me that I'm an adult, and have some heavy duty choices to make. Part of it is devoting time and energy at my local hackerspace, PS:1 in Chicago, where I'm now in charge of the metal shop. (Me, an amateur machinist).

I think it's time to more intelligently deploy the resources I have left, and to be more aware of the consequences that I can generate if I'm careful and a bit lucky.

Thanks for your time and attention.

PS: I'm looking for work, by the way. I've been outsourced.

No comments: