- People Lie - tie it to their reputation to make it possible to punish them
- People are lazy - make it as easy as possible for them
- People are stupid - don't expect perfection
- Mission impossible: know thyself - put metadata creation in the hands of others
- Schemas aren't neutral - use a folksonomy, and multiple tags, we don't need heirarchy
- Metrics influence results - use them to encourage good behavior in the grand scheme
- There's more than one way to describe something - there's no need to stick with a single heirarchy
I'll put more air into this if someone wants to converse about it.